With Heritage Day around the corner, the PE Express is looking for the Gqeberha champion of a beloved traditional South African dish – the potjie!
We are inviting all home cooks to send their winning potjie recipes to us.
A panel of judges will select the finalists, and then the finalists will prepare their dish to present for the taste test.
The winner will walk away with excellent prizes such as vouchers, braai accessories and more.
The Potjie Master will also have the privilege of appearing in our PE Express edition of September 21 as Gqeberha’s Potjie Master.
How to enter:
Send your recipe to email@example.com and include your name and contact number. Put “Potjie master” in the subject line.
- This competition is for home cooks only – no professional chefs are allowed to enter.
- Entrants need to be living in Gqeberha.
- Your recipe should include all the ingredients, as well as method on how to prepare the potjie.
- The top finalists chosen by their recipes will need to prepare the potjie and bring it to our office in Fairview for the judges (taste test).
- The winner agrees to be photographed by the PE Express to be used for publication (print and online).
- The winning recipe will also be published in the PE Express (print and online).
- Entries close on Friday, September 2.